Beloved, It’s another beautiful year! How refreshing it is to know that God delights so much in us that He has given us another year. It’s another opportunity to walk with God and affect humanity for His glory. Evidently, many waters have passed under the bridge of the year 2013 and we all have one story or the other to tell. There are stories of successes, achievements and blessings, while there are also those of mistakes and disappointments. Through all these, the Lord chose to give us 2014 as a gift.
At the beginning of each year, we usually make a list of things we want to achieve within the year as well as map out plans towards attaining our goals. But the question is: Are these goals tailored towards glorifying our Father in heaven? Or they are just about having new qualifications, relationships, promotions and possessions? The Lord says “But first be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.” Matthew 6:33 ISV
Considering the level of deprivation, insecurity and system failure around us, we may be concerned with uncertainties of the future. But the Lord is aware of all these and He is ever ready to take care of us. He says “Look at the birds. They don’t need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are” Matthew 6: 26 NLT. Always remember that for you, the future is certain and beautiful. You only need to discover what God has prepared for you.
I once had the opportunity of writing an exam in which we were permitted to enter the exam hall with all useful textbooks and other resources. That is wonderful, isn’t it? We were all excited because we believed none of us could possibly fail the exam. However, to the astonishment of us all, many candidates did not perform well. Did I hear you say ‘WHY?’ Simple! Many of us had the relevant books but did not pay adequate attention to their content before the examination. So, people flipped from cover to cover in search of answers to questions. No wonder, the Bible says “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge” Hosea 4:6NIV.
How often have we as Christians cheated ourselves just because we didn’t have the knowledge of what God says about us even though we have Bibles:
- We allow fear to dominate us, even though God says “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline” 2Timothy 1:7NLT.
- We allow sicknesses to torment us even when it is written in Isaiah 53: 5 NIV that “ .... by his wounds we are healed.”
- We entertain low self esteem even though the Word says said: “But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God’s holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.” 1Peter 2:9 NLT.
- We see ourselves as failures forgetting that “for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again” Proverbs 24:16NIV.
- We condemn ourselves with guilt even though ‘there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus’ Romans 8:1, NLT
- We approach God with fearful torment even though He says: ‘...let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most’ Hebrews 4:16, NLT.
The way to attain good success this year is by knowing what God has said in His Word. When His Word takes root in your life, you gain ability to do things right. People around you will see the difference and give glory to our Father in heaven. Make the Bible your sure companion this year and fellowship with other believers.
There are many inspiring articles prepared by ‘Pens For Christ’ with the aim of strengthening your knowledge of what God has prepared for you – His child. Our goal is to help you grow in your relationship with God. To be on our contact list, please send your name and postal/e-mail address to any of the following numbers: 08064387227, 08071852651 and 08109300225 or email us at email@example.com. Chat with us on Blackberry messenger (Pin: 290158EB or 7C0B52C5) or WhatsApp messenger via 08071852651 or 08064387227.
Always remember, God loves you and wants the best for you.
For Pens For Christ